Laura Esther was born February 28, 1890 to Thomas Murray Thomas (1848-1940) and Laura Pelletier (1853-1944). Laura never married. She lived here from at least 1939 until she went into a nursing home in Morehead City, where she died November 3, 1986, at 96.
|1843 Sacrament Ticket|
|Laura Esther Thomas - Family Tree|
February 23, 1939 issue of The Beaufort News,
Laura's parents had celebrated their 62nd anniversary two days earlier.
|Thomas Murray Thomas (1848-1940) and
Laura Pelletier (1853-1944)|
married February 21, 1877.
OF NOTE: In February 1962, Miss Laura Thomas was one of a dozen citizens who attended an early Beaufort Historical Association planning meeting; the BHA officially founded January 25, 1960. Also of note, from about 1930 until his death in 1958, Laura's brother, Charles Walter Thomas Sr. (1878-1958), owned the Josiah Bell House circa 1825, at 138 Turner.